Thursday, January 17, 2008

Saha's goals mission

Louis Saha is determined to fire United to glory this season and finally overcome his injury nightmare.


The Reds' striker has started just eight games this season after being dogged by setbacks throughout the campaign. He did, however, make a successful return to goalscoring form during United's Boxing Day victory over Sunderland.

And despite missing out the Reds' 6-0 victory over Newcastle last weekend, the 29-year-old says he is now ready to put his injury problems behind him and make an important contribution to the Reds' cause.

"It's great to score goals. I'm a striker and that's my job and now I want to concentrate on scoring more goals for the team," he told United Review.

"I'm very hard on myself and always want to do better, so I'm not very satisfied with how the season has gone so far on a personal level.

"I know I can do better, and hopefully I showed that against Sunderland. The manager's always shown a lot of faith in me and that gives me a lot of confidence.

"I'm definitely getting there [with overcoming injuries]. I played two full games in a row over Christmas and that was the first time I'd done that for a while.

"So things are improving and I'm looking to play even more. My target now is to stay fit and keep finding the back of the net."

With United well placed in the league, through to the knock-out stages of the Champions League and into the fourth round of the FA Cup, Saha believes 2008 could be another successful year for the Reds.

"We think it'll be and we hope it'll be, but we have to make sure we finish the season well," he insisted. "From this point, we have to be very clinical in terms of results."

No comments: